On the seat with Clement Maosa who plays the role of Zamokuhle ‘Kwaito’ Seakamela in Skeem Saam is from Polokwane, Limpopo. A tough, confident boy who will go to extraordinary lengths to protect his future.
Where were you born? Where did you grow up?
- I was born at Mankweng and I have spent most of my childhood at a village
called Bochum Ga-Rammutla.
So when did you break into the industry?
- I got into this industry this year (2011) April when I landed the lead role
in Skeem Saam.
What was the happiest moment of your life? The saddest?
- My happiest moment of my life was when I got a call that I have landed the role of kwaito. And my saddest moment was when I lost both my parents.
Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
- My English teacher was my biggest influence. He taught me that I can be anything I want to be. And to respect people and remain humble.
It’s been said that after they pass away, the most important people in our lives “live within us.” Is there anyone from your past that lives within you?
- I dont believe in that, the only person who lives in me is Jesus.
How did you end up on the Top SA Drama “Skeem Saam”?
- I just went to auditions like everyone else and i was just lucky.
Your character on Skeem Saam, how would you describe it?
- My character is cool, I play kwaito a sixteeen year old guy who is smart at school and he is into Poetry but he is parented by his mother only and always long for that Father love.
How long have you been an actor? How did you start?
- Me and acting comes a long way, I started at Primary School, doing a drama which was not a big deal by then.
How do you feel about watching yourself on screen on Thursdays? Do you ever think that you could have done better, or are you mostly content with your work?
- Feels good watching myself, but there are some scenes where i wish i could have done better, but i do look for mistakes and I want to correct them in
The difference between Kwaito we see on TV and Clement?
- Kwaito and Clement are very similar in most ways, Kwaito is a bit too sensitive and he is sixteen and with Clement its a different story.
What was school like for you as a child? What were your best and worst subjects?
- It was difficult because I attended school at a very disadvantaged village, but i’m glad I did because I have learned many things.
What is it you love about acting? And what do you dislike about it?
- About acting I like the fact that it enables you to explore and potray many emotions. And what I hate about it is that you become popular.
If you were to get an opportunity to go work overseas would you do it?
- I will definately go work overseas butt will always return home, I love my country.
What is the one thing you most want people to remember about you?
- As a free spirit and a Hustler.
Do you have any regrets?
- NO, I dont have any regrets.
Your first date?
- It was a longtime ago, I don’t remember.
Is there anything else that you are doing besides acting?
- I’m into Music and Business.
Any specific actor who inspires you, (local and international)?
- I dont have any specific person who inspire me.
Any advice for kids who want to get into the acting field?
- I would advice kids who want acting as a career to first get educated, and be patient.
Okay and last but certainly not least, anyone special you would like to thank for making your dream come true as an artist? and anything you want to say to the fans?
- I would definately thank my parents for grooming such a smart boy like me. And to my fans I appreciate their support big time.
Follow Clement on this Social Networks: