The eNews Channel (DStv 403) is looking for a news anchor in the 24 hour South African news channel’s Johannesburg news room.
Reporting to the Africa Editor your key performance areas will include:
- Present live on air news bulletins from the studio in Johannesburg
- Conduct live on air or pre-recorded interviews with guests in studio
- Present current affairs programming live on air or pre-recorded in studio
- Present special news events live on air from location
- Write and craft intros for news inserts
- At least 5 years journalistic experience
- Good knowledge and insight in news and current affairs on the African continent
- Good editorial judgment and interpretational skills
- Have relevant on air presenter experience
- Excellent command of the English language
- Excellent writing skills
The successful candidate will be required to work irregular and long hours, including weekends, public holidays and standby shifts.
This is a contract position only.
If you possess the criteria and qualifications as stated, please send your application together with a detailed CV to Jobs@etv.co.za.
Closing date: 26 July 2012.
Only shortlisted applicants who meet the criteria will be contacted. If you have not received a response within 14 days after closing of the advert, please accept that your application was not successful.